22/05/2017 by byBiaS
via Default Programs Editor: Yet Another Free Alternative to Windows Default File Type Option - AskVG
"Default Programs Editor" is a context menu editor, an autoplay editor, and default programs association editor; essentially, the settings in the "Default Programs" Control Panel page. It's a replacement for the "File Types" dialog in Windows XP, and brings some key features of TweakUI to Windows Vista/7.
File Type Settings:
- Add, Edit, and Delete context menu items
- Edit file type information (such as icon and description)
- Change an extension's associated file type
Default Programs Settings:
- Add, Edit, and Delete autoplay handler programs
- Change which autoplay options are available for any media type
- Change the default autoplay handler
- Add or Remove default associations (possible to check, but not un-check, in Windows)
- Disable the "Search web for unknown extension" dialog
- Standalone utility, or install as a Control Panel applet
- Make direct changes to the system registry, or export edits as .reg files
- Designed for Vista and Windows 7 with UAC support
Its a portable app so you don't need to install it. Simply run the EXE file.
PS: If you are a Windows XP or Vista user, you'll need to install .NET Framework 3.5
to be able to use this app. Windows 7 users don't need to install it as its already included.